Thinking of submitting a book proposal?
If you are working on, or have completed, a manuscript that you think is suitable for NIAS Press, we are very keen to hear from you.
You could contact us first for an informal chat (by phone or via e-mail) about your project, how it could fit into our publication programme, and what service you can expect to receive from us. Or you may like to go straight to the heart of the matter and send us a book proposal, which will allow us to give you a more formal indication of interest.
What should my proposal include?
- A working title
- Your name and contact details
- Table of contents
- A short description of the contents (100-200 words)
- Details of the subject area and specific discourse(s) you address
- Readership level (e.g. highly specialised, aimed widely, suitable for course use…)
- an explanation of what differentiates your book from others in this particular field
- your qualifications to write on this subject (elaborating ,where relevant, on your CV)
- an indication of the progress of the manuscript and your availability to work on it
- the estimated length of the manuscript (a word count is especially useful)
- the estimated number and type of tables and illustrations
Unless we have specifically requested it during an initial conversation, you should not send us the full manuscript at this stage.
You can send your book proposal package to
Gerald Jackson, Editor in Chief
firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: (+45) 3532 9503
Or by mail to the NIAS Press office:
Nordic Institute of Asian Studies
Øster Farimagsgade 5
1353 Copenhagen K
If you think your proposed book fits into one of our book series, you are also very welcome to approach the series editor(s) directly: