Kàm Ràw (1938–2011) grew up in a Kammu village in northern L
Kàm Ràw (1938–2011) grew up in a Kammu village in northern Laos. He came to Sweden in 1974 to work in Kristina Lindell’s Kammu project. Under his Lao name Damrong Tayanin, he was the author or co-author of several books on Kammu folktales and the traditional Kammu lifestyle.
Books by this author
Dictionary of Kammu Yùan Language and Culture
- A unique reference work detailing Kammu life, language and culture.
- First comprehensive dictionary for any SE Asian minority language.
- Encyclopaedic entries contain a wealth of linguistic and cultural information, and much on plant medicine.
Hunting and Fishing in a Kammu Village
Revisiting a Classic Study in Southeast Asian Ethnography
- Offers a unique indigenous account of Kammu life.
- A fascinating, illustrated description of hunting and fishing technologies and practices.